About Allerton Cemetery
Allerton Cemetery is a cemetery in Allerton, Merseyside, England. The cemetery, of 150 acres (61 ha), is one of the main burial sites for the Metropolitan Borough of Liverpool and is Grade II listed. Springwood Crematorium is situated opposite the cemetery on Springwood Avenue. Purchase of the land for the cemetery was completed in October 1906, the Church of England section was consecrated by the Bishop of Liverpool on 24 September 1909, and the first burial in the cemetery took place on 29 December 1909. It is still in operation.